Sunday, March 7, 2010

I work for a UK company but moving to Switzerland - Which country do I pay income tax in


I work for a UK company but moving to Switzerland - Which country do I pay income tax in?
We are moving to Switzerland in April for my husbands job. He will obtain Swiss residency B status and we have been led to believe that I and our children will automatically obtain the same status. I will be retaining my job in the UK but working from home in Switzerland and commuting to London once a month for a few days at a time. We are having a nightmare trying to find out if I will be subject to UK income tax or, preferably, Swiss income tax. Please can anyone help?
Switzerland - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
you pay income tax on the nationality of the corporation and you named your company's nationality bi stating it was a UK company. When you write but in a sentence negative issues should follow. A little grammar I learned as a kid in American schools. And yeah I love bi people because they have a nice butt. From the French couple wishing you and yours a happy Valentine's Day.
2 :
You pay tax based on where you reside, where you earn income or hold assets and even nationality in some cases. If your employment point is Switzerland, you will pay tax in Switzerland on your income (and other assets), but if you reside across the border in France, you would pay tax in France. If you have sources of income in the UK whilst you live in Switzerland you would still need to file tax returns in the UK - and may want to because you may be having tax deducted on some income which you may be able to claim back. If your permanent residence moves to Switzerland - i.e. this is not a temporary arrangement - you can change your residential status in the UK. I am a Brit living and working in Switzerland and me and my wife are filing tax returns in the UK, USA and Switzerland. In theory I don't get taxed twice, but it is complicated. In Switzerland you should find somebody to help you file your tax returns when you have all the tax-related documentation for the previous year. It will cost you a few hundred Swiss Francs. Your employer will probably deduct withholding tax from your salary in Switzerland, in much the same way as tax is deducted from your salary in the UK. For your taxes in the UK, you need to establish what your residential status is. Your local tax office should be able to help you and there is a ton of information at the Inland Revenue web site to help you work out what you need to do. I doubt if you will need any paid assistance to file UK taxes.