Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Will my Canadian wii work in Switzerland


Will my Canadian wii work in Switzerland?
I'm moving to Switzerland and I wanted to bring my Wii, I know they operate at 220 Volts and 50 Hz instead of 110 and 60, and I know it won't be a problem finding a converter for that, and I also know that games that I would buy over there will not work with my wii, but I wasn't sure about the video inputs in their TV's, will my yellow white and red cables still work over there?
Nintendo Wii - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I would suggest getting a power converter. you could probably get it at any canadian tire. my friend moved here from holland and he just bought a converter. :) happy to help.
2 :
it wont work unless you switch the wii internal memory to switzerland that from North America.
3 :
It will definitely work, but everything might be black&white. It really depends (on the TV I think / PAL/NTSC). For instance, I have an American Wii working in Poland (absolutely no problems, everything works perfectly), but I have a friend in Germany who had the black and white problem. Anyway, there is a way to solve this problem, but I didn't try it because my Wii just works flawlessly (and so can yours and I hope it will), so I don't guarantee this will work, but here's what you could buy: http://cgi.ebay.ca/TV-Video-System-NTSC-to-PAL-AV-Converter-Adapter-New_W0QQitemZ270349771988QQcmdZViewItemQQptZVideo_Games_Accessories?hash=item270349771988&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1215%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318 And if you would like to buy games in Switzerland and be able to play them, watch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kg-FTdrWM6Y or download Syndicate's Wii NTSC PAL Patcher Hope this helps Good luck